I have found my work at Schöck to be interesting, exciting and rewarding. I am very happy to be working at bringing products to North America that are good for our environment, that improve the living space for the tenants of the buildings on which they are incorporated, and that provide value for the owners of the buildings on which they are used. Being part of great company that cares for its employees, lives by values beyond just making a profit, and one that will never be sold for the sake of making a quick buck were all ideals that brought me to Schöck - the company has more than exceeded my expectations on all fronts.
Careers at Schöck.The North American tribe.
Welcome to an inside look at Schöck North America. If you are considering a role within Schöck, this section will give you insight into what makes us tick and what you can expect from being a part of our tribe.read more
At Schöck, we strive to develop a stronger, healthier and more sustainable environment every day – through our products, our actions and our interactions with others.
We come from all different parts of the USA and Canada, and apply an amazing depth of experience to our work. In addition to our professional talents, our roster includes hunters, designers, musicians, poker players, sailors and athletes. Despite our varied interests, we all share the common desire to build trusted partnerships…with our customers, our business partners and each other.
Life at Schöck
We realize that if you enjoy your work, you will achieve more. Here at Schöck, we value the contributions of all team members, and strive to create a collaborative environment where team members can complement, inspire and rely upon one another. Our employees are our heart and soul – and the driving force behind our ability to expand our business and create a solid position as an industry leader. Here's what some of our people have to say about life at Schöck...
Benefits at Schöck
There are many benefits to working at Schöck, and in our eyes, it's the people that make the biggest difference. That said, we all want to know about benefits, so here are a few we know you'll want to check out.
Schöck North America offers a flexible healthcare reimbursement plan to employees that allows you to choose the medical, dental and vision coverage that best suits you and your family's needs.
Taking a Break
Schöck North America believes that rested employees are more creative and productive in the work place. For this reason, we offer ample paid time off (PTO) – vacation time, holidays and sick days – to all of our employees.
- Where We Work
Most of our tribe is based at our bright and modern Princeton, NJ office, just minutes away from the heart of Princeton University and many charming shops and restaurants. Naturally our Regional Sales Managers are local to their region, but they make regular visits to the NJ office for meetings and other events. Schöck's World Headquarters is based in beautiful Baden-Baden, Germany, an ancient spa town steps away from the Black Forest. No matter where you are working or training with Schöck, you will find lots of culture and entertainment close by.
- Training the Tribe
At Schöck North America, we invest in the training and development of our employees so they can meet their full professional potential. All employees have the opportunity to receive training, both domestically and internationally, to enhance their skills and job satisfaction.
- Continuous Improvement Program
Through our global continuing improvement process, employees have the opportunity to contribute ideas and strategies which help the functionality of the company. Selected winners receive a bonus for sharing their knowledge and experience in a way that benefits everyone.
- Employee Referral Program
Great people attract other great people! That's why we encourage our current employees to be on the lookout for our next tribe member. Referral bonuses are awarded if the candidate is hired.
If you’re looking to start the next chapter in your career and are interested in making an impact, reach out and tell us why you believe you’d be a great addition to the Schöck North America team.
- Degree in Architecture, Structural Engineering, Building Physics or equivalent field.
- Licensed Engineer preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of thermal modelling techniques.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical sales or within an architectural or structural engineering practice.
- Experience in structural design with strong commercial awareness.
- Willingness to travel within the USA and Canada with overnight stays.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English is a must; knowledge of French and/or German advantageous.
- Ability to work well within a team and in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and bill of quantities. Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
- Ability to understand green standards; such as ASHRAE, LEED or Passive House.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and communicate these requirements to others.
- Ability to problem solve by offering the right commercial and technical solution.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, CAD).
- Commitment to excellent internal and external customer service.
- Increase awareness of the need for thermal breaks with architects, engineers and developers.
- Increase awareness of Schöck with architects, engineers and energy consultants.
- Ensure Schöck remains the preferred choice at the specification stage.
- Provide the highest level of technical service and advice to all clients.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance about Schöck structural thermal break elements.
- Provide technical support to the Sales Team in the field.
- Conduct educational seminars to train architects, structural engineers, building envelope consultants and energy model consultants about Schöck products in order to increase market awareness.
- General day to day technical advice to customers (by phone, fax, e-mail or in person).
- Win new specifiers and assure the satisfaction and technical acceptance by engineers, architects and users.
- Suggest and develop constructive engineering solutions.
- Work with project teams to develop and optimize Schöck products and their applications.
- Site assistance.
- Required to visit Princeton office (as needed).
- Responsible for all pre-sales work.
- Work on our design processes to ensure that all Health & Safety issues are fully covered.
- Shared responsibility for excellent teamwork with proactive support of the whole team.
Success and Performance Criteria
- Increased sales/revenue by enhancing the relationships with architects, structural engineers and energy consultants.
- Continued and increased number of specifications.
- Maintaining high customer loyalty from the architects, structural engineers or developers.
- Customer satisfaction (measured through a customer satisfaction survey).
- Colleague satisfaction concerning the intense and accurate exchange of information.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schöck North America is in search of a full-time Junior Regional Sales Manager for our Eastern Canada region. Please see details below and if interested, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- ≥ 3 years of sales experience of valued added technical products in the construction field
- Civil engineering degree with structural experience (preferred) or a combination of strong technical skills and expertise
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Customer and competitions analysis
- Regional business development, forecasting and planning
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Salesforce or similar CRM)
- Relationship management
- Consultative selling with value added and engineered products
- Analytical thinking, team player and pioneer spirit
- Fluency in both English and French
- Good communication skills in both speaking and writing, assertiveness
- Excellent presentation skills
- Negotiation skills (ability to secure orders when buy-in from several participants is crucial)
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time within the region
- Meet the sales objectives for the region
- Develop and improve the market share
- Achieve sales and margin targets as well as desired regional and product expansions
- Budget planning and implementation within the region
- Implement the sales strategy in the area in coordination with management
- Monitor and meet (or exceed) the agreed budget and sales targets
- Prepare customer analysis and develop appropriate measures
- Continuously observe the market and competitors and provide information to management
- Advise and support different customer groups (Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Developers, Energy Consultants, Rebar Fabricators, Forming Contractors, and others)
- Schedule and present Lunch and Learns (L&L) in an organized and professional manner
- Present at seminars and trade shows to enhance position of the company as a market leader
- Grow customer network and maintain customer satisfaction at high levels
- Attain agreed targets (sales figures, discounts, and margins)
- Independently plan sales activities to be economicly efficient and customer specific
- Handle customer complaints and/or claims in the area
- Regular reporting / CRM implementation
- Implement the agreed goals and safeguard the results
- Manage the region’s budget
- Proactively contribute to secure and win projects in collaboration with Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Developers, Installers, and Schöck’ technical department
- Attain defined sales quantity and revenue in the area
- Attain defined market share and profit margin in the area
- Budget achievement
- Customer satisfaction