I have found my work at Schöck to be interesting, exciting and rewarding. I am very happy to be working at bringing products to North America that are good for our environment, that improve the living space for the tenants of the buildings on which they are incorporated, and that provide value for the owners of the buildings on which they are used. Being part of great company that cares for its employees, lives by values beyond just making a profit, and one that will never be sold for the sake of making a quick buck were all ideals that brought me to Schöck - the company has more than exceeded my expectations on all fronts.
Careers at Schöck.The North American tribe.
Welcome to an inside look at Schöck North America. If you are considering a role within Schöck, this section will give you insight into what makes us tick and what you can expect from being a part of our tribe.read more
At Schöck, we strive to develop a stronger, healthier and more sustainable environment every day – through our products, our actions and our interactions with others.
We come from all different parts of the USA and Canada, and apply an amazing depth of experience to our work. In addition to our professional talents, our roster includes hunters, designers, musicians, poker players, sailors and athletes. Despite our varied interests, we all share the common desire to build trusted partnerships…with our customers, our business partners and each other.
Life at Schöck
We realize that if you enjoy your work, you will achieve more. Here at Schöck, we value the contributions of all team members, and strive to create a collaborative environment where team members can complement, inspire and rely upon one another. Our employees are our heart and soul – and the driving force behind our ability to expand our business and create a solid position as an industry leader. Here's what some of our people have to say about life at Schöck...
Benefits at Schöck
There are many benefits to working at Schöck, and in our eyes, it's the people that make the biggest difference. That said, we all want to know about benefits, so here are a few we know you'll want to check out.
Schöck North America offers a flexible healthcare reimbursement plan to employees that allows you to choose the medical, dental and vision coverage that best suits you and your family's needs.
Taking a Break
Schöck North America believes that rested employees are more creative and productive in the work place. For this reason, we offer ample paid time off (PTO) – vacation time, holidays and sick days – to all of our employees.
- Where We Work
Most of our tribe is based at our bright and modern Princeton, NJ office, just minutes away from the heart of Princeton University and many charming shops and restaurants. Naturally our Regional Sales Managers are local to their region, but they make regular visits to the NJ office for meetings and other events. Schöck's World Headquarters is based in beautiful Baden-Baden, Germany, an ancient spa town steps away from the Black Forest. No matter where you are working or training with Schöck, you will find lots of culture and entertainment close by.
- Training the Tribe
At Schöck North America, we invest in the training and development of our employees so they can meet their full professional potential. All employees have the opportunity to receive training, both domestically and internationally, to enhance their skills and job satisfaction.
- Continuous Improvement Program
Through our global continuing improvement process, employees have the opportunity to contribute ideas and strategies which help the functionality of the company. Selected winners receive a bonus for sharing their knowledge and experience in a way that benefits everyone.
- Employee Referral Program
Great people attract other great people! That's why we encourage our current employees to be on the lookout for our next tribe member. Referral bonuses are awarded if the candidate is hired.
If you’re looking to start the next chapter in your career and are interested in making an impact, reach out and tell us why you believe you’d be a great addition to the Schöck North America team.
Schöck North America is looking for a full-time Structural Design Technician to join our team in our Princeton, New Jersey office. Our Company is headquartered in Germany with offices throughout the world, including Princeton. Schöck's primary focus is on the development of ready-to-install components that are part of the structural design and make a substantial contribution to building physics, for example by minimizing thermal bridges or punching shear in buildings.
- High school diploma or Associate Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a Construction-related discipline
- Proven record of working within a Structural Engineering office or in the Construction supply chain
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and design
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office, CAD, Revit)
- Ability to read and understand customer drawings and bill of quantities
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and communicate these requirements to others
- Familiarity with Thermal Modelling and design software, or at least a willingness to learn
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service both internally and externally
- Willingness to gain further education
- Ability to work well within a team in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of (Canadian) French would be an advantage
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- To provide clear, 100% accurate site and construction drawings using AutoCAD and other in-house design software to enable the customer to accurately locate and install Schöck products
- To give clear technical advice to customers by phone and email
- To provide technical guidance and assistance to specifiers for Schöck structural elements
- To give guidance and advice to the external sales team
- To interpret construction drawings and offer constructive engineering solutions
- To cooperate with project teams for development and optimization of our products and their application
- To offer on-site assistance where required
- To ensure that all Health & Safety issues are fully covered in our design processes
- To accept shared responsibility for excellent teamwork
- To proactively support the whole team
- All the above to be carried out under the supervision of the Senior/Lead Engineer
- On-time and friendly customer service
- Satisfaction of Technical Manager and colleagues concerning the intensive and accurate exchange of information
Schöck is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental health coverage, 401K and paid time off to all qualified employees.
Qualified candidates please forward resumes to email@example.com.